If you are tech-savvy and you love mentoring and having fun, Code Hobbits Instructor position might be perfect for you! Spend your summer as an inspirational leader and educator, teaching classes like Computer Programming, Tinkering, 3D Printing, Filmmaking, Electronic Art and Gadget Design to name a few. We are looking for Instructors with a passion for teaching, leadership skills, caring personality, big imagination, and undeniable charisma.
- Ability to manage up to 20 kids in a fun, safe, and positive environment; Experience working with kids in a camp setting is a plus
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy, and exceptional enthusiasm all day
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work independently and with support
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly, maturely, and compassionately
- Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
- Must have a valid driver license with access to a car
- Must be a college graduate or enrolled in a 4-year degree program
- Adapt and/or refine and test curriculum for your class(es)
- Read, learn, and demonstrate mastery of curriculum for your subject prior to start of camp
- Deliver multiple rotations of Code Hobbits curriculum per day, adapting it as needed to improve student experience or accommodate individual students
- Supervise Teaching Assistants working in your program area and inspire them to become excellent instructors
- Foster a safe and inclusive learning environment in the classroom
- Provide excellent customer service to parents by communicating with them about their student’s experience
- Assist with daily set up and cleanup of camp
Work Hours and Dates
The camp environment is demanding, requiring intense dedication and work ethic from each staff member. Depending on the time of summer or the specific week or day, the needs of camp and resulting staff hours may vary. We seek and make offers to candidates who we believe are capable of thriving in this environment and contributing to student success.
Code Hobbits is committed to competitively compensating staff. Pay ranges are based on qualifications, experience, and topics being taught.
In addition, we make teaching fun and rewarding with these perks:
- In-person staff trainings to equip you with high-demand skills
- Opportunity to network with professionals and build your resume
- Four day work week
- Spot awards like Starbucks gift card, Uber credits, movie tickets, Spotify subscriptions, and more…
- And of course, free lunch!